Batch Chemical Manufacturing
As with almost every segment of the manufacturing industry, batch chemical production is becoming increasingly competitive and the pressure from shareholders and consumers for efficiency and profitability is rising. The complexities of batch production make running your business even more challenging. Product must be mixed in batches of fixed sizes under specific environmental conditions, treated or cured in specific ways and packaged for efficient transportation and consumption.
To complicate matters, most traditional ERP systems don't address all the difficult planning and scheduling problems that batch chemical manufacturers encounter. Chemical manufacturers must deal with the added complexities of scheduling chemical tanks and vessels and pipelines instead of the machinery lines of typical manufacturing environments.
At Taylor, we understand the difficulties of chemical manufacturing. Our products have been designed to facilitate some of your toughest production constraints. Taylor Scheduler will simplify the following industry-specific problems:
- correctly model transfer lines for chemicals moving from one production step to the next.
- Taylor Scheduler is able to model your transfer lines to ensure chemicals move efficiently from one vessel to the next even when transfer lines are shared among multiple vessels.
- efficiently schedule orders to minimize setup and cleanup time for vessels and pipelines.
- Taylor Scheduler is able to schedule the manufacturing of similar chemicals back to back to minimize cleaning operations. It can also ensure that an operation will not start unless there is enough time left in a shift to finish a cleanup operation. This functionality extends even further to allow for a dynamically calculated cleanup operation that depends on the combination of orders run through a specific vessel or pipeline.
- increase plant safety by ensuring certain chemicals are never produced in the same vicinity.
- By using the Invalid Combinations feature in Taylor Scheduler, you can avoid volatile chemical combinations, ensuring they are never scheduled at the same time in the same work center.
Batch chemical manufacturers can confidently turn to Taylor to help solve these complex, mission-critical planning and scheduling problems. The Taylor product suite has been designed in cooperation with customers like you and is able to solve vexing planning and scheduling situations not addressed by traditional ERP Systems.