The pharmaceutical industry of the 21st Century is becoming one of the most dynamic and competitive segments of the manufacturing industry.
Pharmaceutical manufacturers are pressured to become more efficient, not only by bringing new drugs to market but also by manufacturing and distributing them efficiently. As pharmaceutical manufacturers shift from a production-driven focus to a demand-driven one, manufacturing performance becomes increasingly important. Effective planning and scheduling is one key to meeting manufacturing goals.
At Taylor, we understand the difficulties of pharmaceutical manufacturing. Our product suite is designed to facilitate some of your toughest production constraints. Taylor Scheduler will simplify the following industry-specific problems:
- handles scheduling complexities to make your production environment safer and less error prone.
- By enabling our Invalid Combinations feature, you can ensure that different products that look similar (i.e. two different doses of the same drug) will never be scheduled in the same workcenter.
- ensures all your costly time-sensitive production steps are properly scheduled.
- Creates rules to ensure a step will not start unless everything is in place is simple. Your critical ingredients will never spoil waiting for the next piece of production equipment to be ready.
- sequences complicated packaging scenarios in an automated way to reduce changeover and setup time.
- Sequencing various packing presentations for a single product is a key component to using our software effectively in the pharmaceutical industry.
- schedules, divides and tracks batch production with ease.
- Handling batch production flexibly and reliably as it passes through the plant from batch production to division into discrete orders is another capability of the Taylor Scheduler.
Many pharmaceutical manufacturers have turned to Taylor to help them solve these complex, mission-critical planning and scheduling problems. Our consistent commitment to these customers has allowed us to develop strong and flexible software products that enable pharmaceutical manufacturers to produce results reliably and repeatedly.